Mr Jason Rockey graduated from University College Cork, National University of Ireland in 1996 with a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor in Obstetrics and a Bachelor of Medical Science in Pharmacotherapeutics.
He completed basic surgical training at Blackpool Victoria Hospital and higher surgical training (Northern rotation) in the UK. Having gained his Fellowship from The Royal College of Surgeons of England in Otorhinolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery in 2005, he also undertook a clinical fellowship at the Singapore General Hospital in craniofacial surgery/sinonasal malignancy in 2006.
Jason was appointed a Consultant ENT/Head & Neck Surgeon in Rotorua Hospital, New Zealand between 2007-2008. He returned to the UK in October 2008 to be a Consultant ENT/Head & Neck Surgeon in Sandwell & West Birmingham NHS Trust where he was also deputy clinical lead in Head and Neck malignancy. Jason was on the Higher Surgical Training committee in ENT of the West Midlands Deanery, and clinical lead for Voice and Speech Therapists in his Trust.
Jason commenced work as an ENT / Head & Neck Surgeon in Bendigo in August 2013.
- Management of all general adult & paediatric ENT conditions such as glue ear/hearing loss, tonsillitis, sleep apnoea and snoring.
- Nasal/Rhinological conditions such as sinusitis, rhinitis-vasomotor or allergic, sinusitis
- Ear disease such as hearing loss, vertigo, perforations, ossicular disease and choleasteatoma
- All aspects of Head & Neck surgery including thyroid/parathyroid disease, parotid, submandibular disease, Head and neck lumps and bumps
- Oral cavity disease such as ranulas /tongue lesions etc. (excluding TMJ and dental disease)
- Voice and swallowing disorders
- Facial Plastics including Pinnaplasty/Rhinoplasty (I am a member of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgeons)
Jason consults at Medical Specialists on Collins on an occasional basis. Please contact his reception team on 03 5442 1150 to check his next consulting day.